Now is the time to be firming up summer camp plans. Today, there are camps to meet every interest, price range and schedule. Knowing your possibilities, as well as your child's interests, will help you identify programs from which your child will enjoy most. Top camps will provide lifelong memories and skills.
While the number of opportunities in Maryland may seem overwhelming, there are some easy tips to help ensure you pick the best summer camp for both the child’s pleasure and the parent’s needs.
1. Before you sign up, know what a typical day looks like.
· Each week at Adventure Park USA Academy Summer Camp has a different exciting theme. The day’s activities relate to the themes. The 2016 Summer Camp themes include: Kick Off Week, Creative Campers, Beach Buddies, Wipe Out, Water Water Everywhere, Party Rock and The Last Hurrah. To see a full list of daily activities, visit here.
2. Ask about the hours of operation, the earliest time your child can be dropped off each day, and the latest time they can be picked up.
· Summer camp at Adventure Park USA is from 8:00am-4:00pm. All campers will be dropped off and picked up in the café area of the park. Extended care is available for an extra $25.00 per week.
3. What is the camp philosophy?
· Adventure Park USA provides a place where children can learn through play, have an opportunity for discovery, exploration and express ideas through hands-on learning experiences
4. Know who the staff is.
· Each counselor at Adventure Park USA is finger printed by the FBI and the state of Maryland. They are First Aid and CPR certified. All full time counselors are 18 years or older, attending or completed college, or have completed specific certifications in education.
Summer camp should be more than just a place for your child to spend time. At Adventure Park USA, we help develop social and emotional skills while creating an all-day fun atmosphere. Join us at “Camp Adventure 2016” by signing up here.